From January 2011 I will have a new price structure for a digital commission of a pet or person portrait. To understand my new prices please read on…
A conservative estimate for a commission is 1-2 days. The suggested day rate for an artist of my experience is £193 (Artist Newsletter 2011 (http://www.an.co.uk/knowledge_bank/document/381668)).
I have set my digital pet/people portrait price at £50 for this the client receives a bespoke artwork (an A4 signed one of print with mount) and liaises with the artist at the draft stage about any preferred changes (within reason).
Typically I will ask for a non-retunable deposit of 25% of the price of each print commissioned (£12.50 per print).
If you want to commission a portrait of your pet here’s the process:
- get in touch by email (Elizabeth _ Kane 81 @ hotmail . com) no spaces!
- Pay a non-returnable deposit of £12.50 per print you wish to commission (by cash, cheque or bank transfer).
- Message me and send a high quality photograph .
- Ill make a line drawing from the photograph then add colour and texture using Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- I’ll send you a draft image. You approve the artwork and I’ll print it on photo paper using real Canon inks.
- Once the print is dry and the funds are in my account I’ll send the print by recorded delivery sandwiched between 2 sheets of grey-board in an A4 cello-bag or you can make arrangements to collect the print.
The artist (that’s me) retains the copyright to use this image on a greetings card but will not sell another print although may exhibit the artists proof of the work (the only other print of your commission in existence).
If you would prefer your pet not to feature on a card then let me know and Ill give you the ‘one off’ price.